Thursday 8 March 2007

Learning@School



A team of 12 from our cluster attended the conference this year in Rotorua. Jennie and Stephen from Sunnybrae and Annie from Northcote Intermediate also presented. Feedback was excellent... well done...it can be pretty scary presenting! You will be able to find out more and read some of their reflections when Milestone 5 is ready next week. All participants will be feeding back to their schools as well, however if you are interested in some of the reflections from other schools please contact them, they have lots to share. I have set up a wiki for reflections and comment.

A highlight for me was listening to the video cast of Sir Ken Robinson, author of Out of Our Minds: Learning to be Creative. "In this talk, he makes an entertaining (and profoundly moving) case for creating an education system that nurtures creativity, rather than undermining it". This is well worth a listen and can be viewed directly from the web or downloaded. I have posted my favourite links from the conference on del.icio.us
plus links to support my presentation for Learning Objects




No laughing now but Deborah and I were immortalised by the infamous cartoonist, Malcolm Evans. I asked to be drawn with my Mac...but Toshiba were paying! If you send me yours Deb I'll post it too...no pressure ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment