Please comment if you have other recommendations that may be curriculum or subject specific.
- Twitter: there is a very strong group of New Zealand and international educators using Twitter. #edchatNZ - NZ Educators and OZ Educators on Twitter
Twitteraholics guide to tweets, hashtags and all things twitter
The Ultimate Twitter Guidebook
Using Twitter to build your PLN
The Ultimate Guide to using Twitter in Education
- Tweeting for Teachers: A new report published jointly by Pearson and NoTosh recommends that teachers should use Twitter, Facebook and other social media tools to improve their classroom skills.
- EduCampNZ Wiki: a series of e-learning un-conferences that provide a valuable opportunity to connect with like minded educators interested in e-learning and education. Explore the wiki to connect with other participating educators at each of the EduCampNZ events.
- ICTinEnglish: a place to share ideas, request help and resources and establish professional relationships. Subscribers to the list will also receive monthly English Onlines updates including access to the ICTinEnglish team blog.
- Teacher Blogs: Interface Magazine has an online directory of blogs written by teachers and other professionals in New Zealand’s education space. Use blog comments to connect with others who share your interests
- Online Groups and Communities:
- The Virtual Learning Network (VLN): A range of professional learning groups from early childhood through to tertiary.
- Google Apps in NZ Schools Group:New Zealand schools keep you up to date with the latest news and technology available for Google Apps for Education
- MLE Reference Group: Discuss the software and digital content that support learning in New Zealand schools.