Through the conference back channels, twitter and during the actual conference it was wonderful to see and hear so many teachers sharing and supporting each other, receiving feedback on their conference preparation and tips and encouragement from those who had presented before. Having access to these online is invaluable and there is some impressive work and resources being shared, well done to you all. (see my delicious)
The technology is being utilised in ways that I find attending a face-2-face conference is quite a different learning experience for me than it was 4-5 years ago. For example can you follow this...
- I am attending the Unconference in Breakout 7
- Participating in a F2F with Dave, Ian and Neil
- I am also keeping up with the next table's discussion in the Unconference on twitter ettiquette through the conference website backchannel
- @heymilly is in another breakout and leaves a comment in twitter ( see below)
- @mumbleboy and Luke in Auckland see the link in my twitter response to @heymilly and join the conference backchannel along with others from around the conference.
Will Richardson commented in the opening keynote that before we can teach differently we have to be able to learn differently. As I left the Unconference that day I wondered how learning would be for me if I were a student at school today?
Thanks to Christina for highlighting at the Unconference - Te Awamutu - you have a message.
tags technorati : ulearn08